10 Tips to Achieve Patio Furniture Perfection
For all of the great summer destinations there are, sometimes all you want to do is hang out in your own backyard. And nothing makes your backyard as inviting as the right patio furniture.
Patio furniture brings comfort, function, and style to your outdoor spaces. Set up a large outdoor dining table with plenty of chairs and you’re ready to invite your friends over for an epic barbeque. Or you can choose classic wicker seating with big comfy cushions—perfect for relaxing on summer afternoons.
If your outdoor furniture can use an upgrade, then check out these tips before you shop to help you achieve patio perfection:
- Dare to dream: The first step in choosing the right patio furniture is to daydream about your perfect outdoor set up. How do you want it to look? Do you prefer wood, metal, or a composite material? Think about how you want it to function. Will you be hosting large parties with family and friends, or using it as a more intimate everyday eating area? Perhaps you’re thinking of creating a private oasis where you can relax with a great summer novel.
- Look beyond the yard: Don’t overlook the opportunities to place smaller pieces on balconies and small gardens. With the right patio furniture, these petite spaces can be transformed into comfortable nooks.
- Take a seat when you shop: When you do go shopping, be sure to sit on every piece of furniture to see how it feels. Take your time with this step. You might think something looks great, but if it’s not comfortable, then you’ll never use it.
- Think easy-care: You want to spend your time enjoying your furniture, not caring for it. Look for durable furniture that requires little upkeep. Most metal, teak, cedar, and all-weather wicker pieces are unfazed by whatever nature throws their way. Furniture made from these materials will look wonderful for years.
- Ponder protection: Make sure you have protected storage space such as a garage or basement where you can store your furniture during cold months. Even the toughest furniture, such as teak chairs or wrought-iron is subject to weather damage over time and will last longer if properly stored. If your storage space is limited, then look for furniture that folds for easier storage.
- Get creative with color: Today’s patio furniture comes in all kinds of colors, so there’s no need to limit yourself to standard wood grain finishes or plain black, white, or beige.
- Make your furniture do double duty: Get the most bang for your buck by choosing pieces that have multiple functions. For example, an ottoman can serve as a relaxing footrest, or extra seating when you’re hosting a large party. A simple bench can stand on its own in the yard, and then be moved to provide seating around a picnic table.
- Look for value over price: When it comes to patio furniture, you get what you pay for. Shop quality brands like Malibu, Kingston, and Gensun found at Ski Barn and strike a balance between quality and budget. It’s better to buy fewer high-quality pieces than fill your space with cheap furniture that you’ll just have to replace in a year.
- Round it out with a rug: You can bring your whole outdoor area together with an outdoor rug. Today’s outdoor rugs are quick-drying, soft, and stylish and can be the final detail your patio needs to make it a true outdoor living space.
- Shop Ski Barn: Ski Barn carries a wide selection of patio dining sets and deep seating options, plus backyard accessories from top patio brands. Our sales staff are experts and are eager to help you build your dream patio set piece by piece.
There’s still plenty of summer left! So head over to Ski Barn or shop online to find great deals on the perfect patio furniture for your outdoor space.