Backyard Party Tips
Warm weather has arrived and with it a slew of backyard parties. Are you planning on hosting a backyard party soon? You won’t want to miss the following tips:
- Send out invitations. The first step towards any backyard party is to let people know that you are having one! We recommend sending out invitations that inform your guests the time they will be eating, what they should wear, and if there are any rain plans.
- Stock up on patio furniture. If you are looking to host a large number of guests, you need to make sure that you have enough seats for them. Impress your family and friends with luxurious patio furniture from Ski Barn. We carry the best brands, including Gensun, Treasure Garden, Seaside Casual and more.
- Properly light your space. The last thing you will want is guests tripping in the dark on their way to use the restroom. To solve this, hang string lights on the deck or on tree branches and add lanterns.
- Fun party decorations. Set a fun vibe with a piñata! Add fun goodies to the piñata and let everyone try breaking it before the party really gets going. Fill it up with sunglasses and necklaces or water pistols if it is a pool party.
- Get rid of unwanted party guests. The warm air brings some unwanted party guests…mosquitos! While you can’t fully get rid of mosquitos, you can do a few things to make sure that they do not bother your party guests. You should get rid of standing water as that is where mosquitos breed. You can also plug in some fans as it can keep the weak flyers away. Another thing you can do for your guests is to offer bug wipes.
- Set the vibe with a great playlist. A party is not complete without a great playlist! However, you want to set the volume at a respectable rate for your neighbors and party guests. You do not want them to have to shout over one another to catch up. Plan for a five-hour long playlist as most parties will not last longer than that. If they do, guests will most likely not recognize that the playlist has started over again.
- Make sure the kids are occupied. Let the adults and kids have fun! Prepare some fun activities for the kids to do while the adults are hanging out. This can include bubbles, a sprinkler, slip ‘n slide, and any outdoor game.
- Ensure guests are comfortable. An outdoor party typically means that the weather is warmer enough to do so. Sometimes, if you are sitting outside for a longer period of time, it can get to be a bit uncomfortable. Ensure that your guests are comfortable and properly shaded with umbrellas, fans, and cold compresses. If you will be partying into the night, put on your fire pit or outdoor heater to extend the party and keep your guests warm.
Ready to make your patio the hangout spot for the neighborhood? Ski Barn, New Jersey’s best kept secret for all of your outdoor patio needs, has four fully-stocked showrooms located in Paramus, Wayne, Lawrenceville, and Shrewsbury. We deliver to the Jersey Shore and offer free, at-home consultations. Our talented team will expertly guide your purchases to ensure you receive the backyard of your dreams.