Patio Ideas for a Modern Outdoor Oasis
Warm, spring weather is finally here and it is time to get your patio ready! The best outdoor designs enable you to transition seamlessly from indoors to outdoors. Are you planning a backyard redesign? These ideas will help you create a modern, outdoor oasis.
- Utilize natural textures. When you are sitting in your backyard on a warm spring or summer evening, you want to feel as though you are transported to a private getaway. One way to accomplish this is through the use of natural textures, such as wood and stone.
- Design areas for cooking and entertaining. Modern patios feature designated areas for cooking and entertaining. Perhaps, you would love to feature your new Weber grill and dining set in one area of your backyard. Maybe in another area of your backyard, you will craft a relaxation spot complete with a sectional and fire pit.
- Ambient, mood lighting. As the sun sets and guests begin to unwind after a busy day, set the mood with ambient lighting. Stringing lights along tress in your backyard really helps to create that getaway feeling. Be sure to add proper lighting near your door to ensure that your guests stay safe.
- Utilize a table big enough for your family and friends. During the spring and summer months, you will want to spend time outdoors with the people you care about. If you frequently host parties or dinners at your home, make sure that you have enough seats around your table for them.
- Feature a fire pit.Today, fire pits are often the gathering point for families and friends once dinner wraps up. It is the perfect spot for people to drink, eat, and chat.
- Create shady areas for guests to cool off. Sometimes, the summer heat can be a bit too strong. If this is the case, utilize umbrellas to allow guests to cool off out of the sun. An umbrella from Treasure Garden, the industry leader for over 30+ years, will provide shade and style to any backyard.
- Don’t forget to accessorize! Just as any outfit is not complete until you add accessories, accessories tie your outdoor oasis together. Bright cushions, a coffee table, and lanterns will go a long way in making your space feel cozy.
- Draw guests’ eyes to a focal point. Whether your focal point is a grandiose pool and hot tub or a tranquil fountain or pond, draw guests’ eyes to that focal point. This can be accomplished by creating seating areas near the pool or pond.
Ready to make your patio the hangout spot for the neighborhood? Ski Barn, New Jersey’s best kept secret for all of your outdoor patio needs, has four fully-stocked showrooms located in Paramus, Wayne, Lawrenceville, and Shrewsbury. We deliver to the Jersey Shore and offer free, at-home consultations. Our talented team will expertly guide your purchases to ensure you receive the backyard of your dreams.