Ten Firepit Ideas That Will Create the Perfect Outdoor Oasis
Whether it’s a cozy night in, a party, or a backyard camping adventure you’re after, nothing creates a better more inviting ambiance than a fire pit. It’s a beautiful focal point to your outdoor oasis, and who doesn’t love the sound of that crackling fire?
Instead of using logs, many modern fire pits burn propane or natural gas, saving the air from polluting wood smoke. At Ski Barn, we’re proud to offer the area’s largest variety of smoke-free fire pits. So, what are you waiting for? We’ve broken down the top ten fire pit styles and landscaping ideas to help you find that perfect fire pit just in time for summer.
- Make it Portable. Can’t decide which spot in your backyard you like best? A small mod-inspired fire pit is your best bet. It’s lightweight and easy to transport around your outdoor space. Plus, it’ll be the highlight of the night when you show up to a friend’s cookout with it!
- Keep it Minimalist. Make sure the flow of your minimalist home is not disrupted when you step outside. Choose a narrow fire rill to install within a concrete or stone wall in your yard. The narrow fire rill is also a great option to add ambiance to a small outdoor area at a restaurant.
- Bring the Outside In. When planning where to put your fire pit, walk around your home and take note as to which windows you’ll want to be able to see it from. If your backyard is made of lush foliage, think about how amazing it would be to gaze out to an orange glow flickering just above the leaves inviting you to come out. Or, consider installing a fire pit in front of the French doors that lead to your dining room. It’ll be beautiful to watch as you have dinner, and it will invite guests to transition out onto the deck afterwards.
- Cozy Up. Add a couple of deep seated chairs with some accent pillows around a round fire pit, or go with a rectangular shape that’s accompanied by a sectional. Make sure to choose a fire pit with a rim that’s wide enough to double as a table, like the Ow Lee 42” Round Santorini or Gensun 38”x56” Grand Terrace. That way you can place a glass of wine and some snacks on it, or kick up your feet without being too close to the fire.
- Urban Chic. A concrete slab fire pit makes for the ultimate feature in an outdoor urban living space. Pair with simple, brightly colored chairs, a couple of planted succulents, and twinkling string lights and- voila! You’ve just created an instantly chic urban oasis.
- Blend In. If you prefer having your fire pit blend seamlessly into its natural surroundings, go with a type of stone style. Beautiful caramel-colored stones go wonderfully in dryer landscapes while darker stone pits will be at home in mountainous terrains. Consider adding your stone pit next to some natural boulders in your yard or the outdoor guest area of your hotel.
- Sittin’ Poolside. There’s a certain harmony achieved when contrasting elements are paired- like when you have the enjoyment of gazing upon a fiery orb while floating around in water. Consider adding a fire pit within the center of your pool or adjacent to it. It’ll create an unforgettable experience that you’ll get to enjoy for many years to come.
- Double Feature. Consider having your fire pit face whichever direction the sun sets. It will make you feel like you have your own little piece of the sun as you enjoy watching day turn to night.
- Spark Conversation. Similar with the living room conversation pits that were so popular back in the ‘70s, sunken fire pits are bound to spark intimate chats between those gathered around it. Sunken pits also create an epic visual that the fire is naturally rising from the ground.
- Create Magical Mood Lighting. Now that you’ve picked the perfect fire pit, there’s even more fun to come. Customizing it with colored glass fire adds a whole new dimension to the experience. Similar with situating your fire pit poolside, you can create a gorgeous “fire and ice” contrast by putting blue glass inside. Consider stocking up on different colors. That way, you can deepen the enjoyment of lounging around your fire pit with magical lighting that will suit your every mood.
Ready to make your patio the hangout spot for the neighborhood? Ski Barn, New Jersey’s best kept secret for all of your outdoor patio needs, has four fully-stocked showrooms located in Paramus, Wayne, Lawrenceville, and Shrewsbury. We deliver to the Jersey Shore and offer free, at-home consultations. Our talented team will expertly guide your purchases to ensure you receive the backyard of your dreams.